KERN COUNTY FARM BUREAU (KCFB) NOW HIRING!
TITLE: Event and Marketing Coordinator
PURPOSE AND FUNCTION: Performs duties including coordination of special events, advertising sales, marketing and promotion programs, and special assignments as directed.
CLASSIFICATION: Nonexempt, full-time
QUALIFICATIONS: Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of software, valid California driver’s license, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to lift up to 25 lbs., manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work well with fellow employees and Farm Bureau volunteers. Use of personal vehicle will be required.
HOURS: 8:00 – 5:00 Mon – Fri, with some evenings and weekends as needed.
REPORTS TO AND TAKES DIRECTION FROM: KCFB executive director.
1. Maintain an annual task and planning calendar for special events.
2. Coordinate events, including, but not limited to:
a. Spray Safe (January)
b. Farm Day in the City (March)
c. Golf Classic Tournament (April)
d. Save Water Drink Wine (June)
e. Teacher’s AG Seminar (July)
f. Bounty of Kern County (October)
3. Manage event data and lists.
4. Work closely with KCFB executive assistant and event chairs.
5. Seek out sponsors for events.
6. Cultivate volunteers to assist with events.
7. Promote events to maximize participation.
8. Develop, promote, and execute merchandise sales.
9. Write articles for the monthly newsletter.
10. Create new program(s) that engage the public.
11. Investigate and pursue grants.
12. Create and follow budgets for all assigned programs.
13. Complete assigned and created projects within deadlines.
14. Manage and complete assigned special projects.
15. Other duties as directed by the executive director.
16. Follow KCFB rules, policies, procedures, and applicable laws and standards.
17. Carry out the mission, values, and quality commitment of KCFB.
18. Website maintenance.
In order to be considered for this position please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of professional references to Kristen Spence at email@example.com.